- Who is Seaters
This website, web application and mobile application (collectively the “Services”) is the property of SmartSeats IP BVBA / SPRL, a Belgian private limited liability company with registered office in 1831 Diegem, Jan Emiel Mommaertslaan 16B, and registered under Belgian company number 0546.636.966. SmartSeats IP BVBA / SPRL (hereinafter “Seaters”) is – in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation – the entity responsible for the processing of your personal data in the frame of the Services.
The Services are operated and commercialized by several affiliates of Seaters: Seaters Belgium BVBA / SPRL, Seaters Inc. (US) and SmartSeats Europe LTD (UK) (hereinafter the “Seaters Group”).
3. Which types of personal data does Seaters collect?
We collect and store your personal data when you create a Seaters user account, whenever you subscribe to a waiting list, when you buy or acquire tickets for an event, when you complete or update your profile information, when you answer questions or surveys, and in general whenever you use the Services.
We collect the following information relating to our users:
- Identification information and contact details (your name, address, password, e-mail address, date of birth, passport number, etc.),
- Personal characteristics (age, sex, etc.),
- Billing information,
- Any photos or video’s you might upload,
- Information you post (e.g. we collect information you post in a public space, on our website or on a third-party social media site),
- The history of the events for which you have subscribed to a waiting list and/or for which you have bought or acquired tickets or other products through our application (data concerning consumption habits, way of life, leisure activities and interests).
- Other information: when you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. If you use our website, we might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our mobile app, we may collect your GPS location or your device’s unique identifier. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running. We might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
- Google Analytics is an external service used by. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of Seaters, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Website (for further information see google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). By using a browser plugin http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
4. For which purposes are these personal data being used?
- Account management (‘user management’)
First of all, we use your personal data to be able to register you as a user and to allow you to login on our application. We also use your personal data for the management and follow-up of your account, your registrations to Fan Pages or waiting lists, ticket reservations, and the follow-up of processed payments and outstanding amounts.
By using these data, we are also able to provide you adequate (technical) support and our customer service is able to contact you. On the basis of the data collected by us, we may in particular verify compliance by Seaters users with our General Terms and Conditions and with (payment) agreements concluded with other users (such as owners of Fan Pages or ticket providers).
- Management of agreements with service providers and contract partners
- Market research / profiling
Your personal data may also be used, both by us and by third parties, for the purpose of carrying out market research and behavioral analysis (‘profiling’), as well as for development of user patterns and statistics. Your personal data and/or personal profiles may in this context be rented and/or sold to third parties.
- Own direct marketing
Provided that you have given your express consent hereto via the designated ‘checkbox’, we also use your contact details to send you newsletters (‘in-app’, via e-mail or via SMS) and to inform you of promotions, special actions or events that might interest you.
- Direct marketing by our contractual partners
If you have agreed hereto, also our contractual partners may use your personal data to send you messages (‘in-app’, via e-mail or via SMS) with e.g. announcements of certain events or information on the creation of new waiting lists. Your personal data and/or personal profile may be rented or sold to third parties in view of the use hereof for such direct marketing purposes.
- Social Media
We use social media to promote, improve and facilitate our services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Services. When you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network. In addition to implementing these buttons, Seaters uses social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with Seaters. When you register with a social media app, you will be told which information will be shared with Seaters. The information you choose to share with Seaters may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience on the Services. It facilitates such things as personalising our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on events analysing and enhancing our event-related services. We may also enable you to sign in to the Services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
In addition, your personal identification data will also be used by the organizer of the events for which you have subscribed to a waiting list, and/or by the owner of the event venue, for the purpose of facilitating ticketing and access control at the venue of the event.
5. Who has access to my personal data?
Your personal will be accessible to Seaters and to all entities of the Seaters Group.
In addition, also the service providers to whom we appeal in the frame of the exploitation of the Services (payment service providers, e-mail and SMS providers, customer service providers and other software service providers) will – in the frame of the services they are required to deliver – obtain access to certain personal data.
We will share any of your information with our Fan Group owners so that they can run the event for which tickets have been purchased, analyse customer behaviour, provide a better service and support to customers, and for any other purpose described in our Fan Group Owners’ privacy policies (including marketing). You should read those policies to learn how they treat your information.
Your personal data may also be transferred to our other contractual partners (as far as this would be necessary as the result of your use of the Services, e.g. transfers of data to event organizers, parties offering waiting lists or tickets, and owners of Fan pages), or in the frame of the hereinabove described purposes of market research / profiling and direct marketing.
Finally, our business is constantly changing. In the event Seaters goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal data will likely be among the assets transferred.
You may at any time request access to your personal data record and request the rectification hereof. You may also, at any time, object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes by us or our contractual partners, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by writing to the hereinabove mentioned address.
Every time you receive an e-mail from us, you will be offered the possibility to unsubscribe from our direct marketing mailing list. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will process your request as soon as possible and no longer send you any promotional messages (‘in-app’, via e-mail or via SMS). You will of course understand that it can take some time before we are able to process your request.